OUR LESSON POLICIES & TERMS
In order to have the smoothest lesson experience, please see below.
By signing up with Connect Music School, you are agreeing with these policies and terms .
Regarding the risk of COVID-19
- By agreeing to this form, parents who choose to enroll their children in one-on-one lessons will assume all responsibility for the accidental transmission that could potentially occur from Connect Music School Teachers
- To avoid this, Connect Music School instructors will implement safety precautions for themselves and students:
Students or family members showing any sign of sickness or that have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should cancel lessons immediately
We will offer a flexible lesson cancellation policy. Students who cancel the day of, due to symptoms of sickness will be given one opportunity to take their lesson online at a time that works for both the teacher and student.
Teachers and Students should wash/sanitize hands before and after the lessons occur
Students and Teachers must wear masks during lessons. Should a student and their family not abide by this recommendation (made by us and the Alberta health services), teachers reserve the right to cancel lessons or recommend online lessons.
Other family members should remain in an entirely separate space/room while the teacher is in the home to limit contact.
Students must wash hands prior to lessons and wipe down the keyboard with disinfectant
Teachers and Students should maintain a distance of at least 2m, and ventilate the room if applicable
Gloves are strongly recommended, particularly for piano teachers who may need to demonstrate on the student’s piano.
- A full month’s tuition is due at the beginning of each month and will be withdrawn from automated payments on the first of each month.
- If payment is 2 or more weeks late or a card is declined, a fee of $25 will be charged - Monthly lesson fee accounts for 37 lessons in the school year. Students registering after the fall, will have a pro-rated fee for the month in which they start.
- A parent or adult must be present in the household at all times. - Be sure that an appropriate and well-maintained piano is available. - Lessons must take place in a quiet space, free from distractions and interruptions by such things
as television, video games, siblings, pets etc - During poor weather and busy traffic conditions etc., flexibility may be needed with scheduling. - Please give at most a +/-10 minute flexibility in the lesson start time.
- Lessons missed by the teacher will be rescheduled within the month. - Lessons missed by the student for any reason will be forfeited. It is at the teacher’s discretion
whether a make-up lesson can be provided.
- Two weeks written notice (2 lessons) is required to withdraw from lessons. The student may
continue to take their lessons up until the final lesson date. Tuition for those 2 weeks will not be refunded.